Monday, August 27, 2012

A new way of thinking....for me at least.

Family Photos 2011
 
Hey everyone.  It's been way to long since my last blog.  These kids are keeping us busy and we love it!!!
 
As I see all the post on facebook with pictures and comments about everyone starting kindergarten and school in general I see a lot my friends BABIES that are starting school and it has my head spinning, and I realize that in one short year it will be us.  It will be our BABY starting Kindergarten.  The tears are welling up as I type.  This same realization has got me thinking....about a new way of thinking.
 
Most you of you know me well, and know that I am going 100 mph all the time (thanks to my mother who always did when I was a kid and still does now) we are always on the go.  To dance class, to swim class, to kindermusick, to a birthday party, out of town on vacation or visiting family. It seems like we are never still, and my brain, on my goodness, my brain it's always going. Thinking of whats next.  Adding on to our house, buying a bigger house, which is better, what do we really want, where my heart wants us to be, where God wants us to be (don't worry, we aren't leaving our neighborhood, whatever we do must be done in University Terrace, on Bennington Drive for that matter).  We are always thinking about our next vacation or party or holiday.  I could go on and on.
 
I think these are all natural thoughts, and we all plan and think about our future and about our kids futures. I think we find ourselves with all these plans, and things we are looking forward to and the days just fly by until they get here.  We can't wait for Halloween to see the kids all dressed up and cute, then the Holiday season comes and goes then we are waiting for Spring Break, and the end of the preschool year.  Summer vacations come and are quickly gone and before we know it, summer is over and school is starting again.  The years are flying by, or shall I say I am "planning them by".
 
 Well I am here to tell you now, that today starts a new way of thinking for Rheagan Dickson.  Today marks the start of the last year before our sweet baby Grace starts kindergarten and I am going to enjoy every last second of it. Don't get me wrong I am looking forward to enjoying all these things with my family but in a little different way.  Relaxed and hopefully stress free.  Savoring every single second and living in the moment with Owen, Grace, Grayson and our family and friends. Something that I think a lot of us don't always do.
 
So as preschool, dance, swimming and music starts, and the holidays come and go, I am going to try and it may be a struggle for me, because I am a planner and dreamer to a fault, but I am going to try very hard to cherish this year and soak up all the love and joy it has to offer.  Watching as my babies grow and change everyday, hoping that everyday is better than the one before.
 
I wish the very same for all of you all and your sweet babies and families.
 
Love to all,
Rheagan
 

Grace 4 Grayson 2 beach vacation 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment