Sunday, October 17, 2010

It's Fall!

We have waited for months and it has finally arrived.  FALL is here.  We love fall here at the Dickson House.  Grace loves playing outside in the evenings and the weather is perfect for it.  Also our neighborhood is so great in the fall, well it's always great but when the weather is nice, most every night of the week the streets are filled with strollers, bikes, and runners.  I love when the time comes to decorate my porch for the fall season and for Halloween.  I am not quite finished so I haven't taken any pictures of it yet, but here is a picture of Grace at Home Depot getting some plants and hay bales to get us started.

Along with Fall & Halloween comes carnivals and festivals.  We have never taken Grace to one, because we never thought she was old enough to enjoy it.  This past Saturday I decided that this was the year that she was finally old enough to go to a carnival or festival.  So I recruited Aunt Tiffy, Ryan & Colton to come along and join in the fun.  We also took Grace's friend Jack, and my dear friend Pam and her son Townes also tagged along.  The kids loved all the games and music.  It was a great afternoon.

Let the games begin.....

Grace, Ryan & Jack digging for buried treasure 




Grayson dreaming of Caramel Apples, Cotton Candy & Popcorn

After we played all the age appropriate games outside we headed inside to check out what it had to offer.  The first thing Grace sees is FACE PAINTING.  I had noticed all the kids running around with their faces painted, beautifully I might add.  I had hoped that Grace had somehow missed it, but no such luck. But hey!  Who goes to the Halloween Carnival and doesn't get their face painted.  Not Grace.  So when she said Mommy please I  was happy to oblige her.  Then I saw the line.


It was much longer than the picture gives it credit for, but she was determined to get her face painted and honestly the lines moved fairly quickly.  So after a 20 minute or so wait.  It was finally out turn.  Aunt Tiffy was kind enough to hold her when it came to be her turn, because by this time Grayson had decided he was way over due for an afternoon snack.

Grace & Aunt Tiffy getting her face painted

The butterfly is what she chose.  The pumpkin is a tattoo that we put on at home


Fresh off of face painting, everyone decided we should see what they had offer in the food department.  Not to mention that we had lots of tickets to to use up.  I think that I failed to say that my sister Tiffinee and I each purchased $10 in ticket!  They must have been a penny a piece, because we had an obscene  amount of them,  So outside to the food section we went.  After purchasing Cotton Candy, several bag of Popcorn, drinks for everyone and a popsicle for Pam.  We still have tickets to give away.  The snacks were great.  We all enjoyed them immensely.





Grayson was all smiles again after his belly was full

All in all is was a great afternoon and I fell very blessed to get to spend it with a great sister two amazing nephew my sweet babies & a few good friends!




















1 comment:

  1. FUN times!!! :) Glad you captured it on camera and documented it! Your dong GOOD!
    Love You!

    ReplyDelete