Friday, October 8, 2010

PACKING for 4........

We have a very BIG weekend planned.  We are going to Mt. Pleasant and Paris this weekend for one of my best friends, Jill Foster's wedding.  I am in the weeding, so there are lots of events and festivities leading up to the big event.  It is a jam packed weekend, I will post pictures and tell you all about it Monday.

As for the PACKING for the trip:
Packing for the four of us has turned out to be quite a chore.  This is the second time that we have traveled with Grayson, but the first time was only for one night, and there were no special events to dress for.  I have been preparing and making lists all week to make sure that we have EVERYTHING we need.  (Thankfully my parents have a swing and crib for Grayson, and a million toys for Grace.)  Back to the issue at hand, the PACKING.  So I have these lists.  One for Owen, one for me, one for Grace & one for Grayson (who's list alone is a long as the other three combined) he needs bottles, formula, diapers, blankets, pacifiers, several outfits in case of messes, his boppy, his wedge is sleeps in.  The list goes on and on.  I know that I packed a million times and we went a lot when Grace was small, but somehow packing for him seems so much harder.  This may be because as Grace has gotten older I have had to pack less and less for each trip, or it may be that there are two of them to pack for.  I felt so overwhelmed last night when I began to pack (Mitzi & Heather...my soon to be Mommy's of two, I hope I am not scaring you..haha)
After work yesterday, the kids and I headed to Tom Thumb and of coarse Target to pick up some last minute things for the trip.  Diapers, formula, extra pacifiers etc.  Then it was home to make dinner and begin packing.  I made a wonderful " loaded backed potato chowder" it's a pampered chef recipe that you make in the microwave.  It's delicious and quick.  I also made some fancy grilled cheese sandwiches to go with it.  After dinner was done and the kitchen cleaned, it was on to packing. Grace 7 Grayson are first.  Thankfully I had my handy dandy list of outfits for the kids so that made it a little easier.  Of coarse this is Texas and we are always unsure of weather, so I packed several different outfits that you could "add to and take from" if necessary.  Well I got the babies all packed, so I thought, as I lay in bed "trying" to fall asleep, I thought of a million things that I had missed. Their bath stuff, toothbrush and toothpaste and most importantly Grace's hair bows!!!  I added all of those items this morning, along with medicine and such just in case.  On the Owen & I we go.  I had to pack for myself for rehearsal dinner, the bridal brunch, hair and makeup, the wedding and the ride home on Sunday, also the same for Owen minus the bridal brunch and hair and make up ;)  One plus is that we have out aTm gear for everyone to wear on Saturday and out Cowboys gear to wear Sunday, that made the process of picking out outfits somewhat easier.
I could go on and on about my packing adventure, hopefully it will get easier with time.  So for now, lets hope that we have everything we need for the next 3 days.  We are packing up the car and heading out....wish is luck!  Picture and play by play to come soon!!

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! So glad you started a blog. I used to have one, but I thought I was way too boring. I'm in the same boat with the packing thing. We went to my parent's house this past weekend, and I did the exact same thing with the individual list for each person. I forgot how much stuff babies require! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had it all under control! Way to go Rheagan! I am kinda anxious about packing for two... especially for vacations where there is NO crib and extras for the babies! That might turn out to be a nightmare! :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete