Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A very fun "wedding" weekend

As you may know from my last post, Owen the kids & I packed up and headed to East Texas this past weekend for my dear friend Jill Foster Trowers wedding. 

The wedding and all the festivities were in Paris, so we traveled back and forth between Mt. Pleasant and Paris several times.  Friday afternoon we left Dallas, my Mom and MeMaw were so kind as to drive halfway to Dallas and meet us at the Commerce exit on I-30 so that Owen and I could go to Paris without having to come all the way to Mt. Pleasant to drop Grace and Grayson off.  Thank you Mom & MeMaw, it was a big help and a huge time saver.  We made it to Paris about 5:45 just in time for rehearsal.  The wedding was at the Methodist Church which was beautiful.  Jill's new husband Jeff's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner at the 24th Street Cafe.  If you are in Paris anytime, go there!  It was wonderful.  Owen and I had such a great time getting to talk and hang out with adults. haha!  Now, it off to Mt. Pleasant we go to Mom & Dad's to meet up with the babies and spend the night. 
Saturday morning, Owen took me to Andrea & Aaron Dale's house to that I could ride with Andrea to the Bridal Brunch.  It was held a Cozy Cappuccino, which was also a really great place to eat.  I learned this weekend that Paris has lots of really great places and little shops that I didn't know about before.  I really enjoyed riding with Andrea and getting to chat.  I miss her bunches!
After the brunch was hair & makeup at Tangles.  Props to those girls.  We looked beautiful if I do say so myself.  Jill's hair was amazing!
The wedding pictures are going to be beautiful!  We took with downtown Paris.  I can't wait to see them! The wedding went off without a hitch and Jill was a very beautiful bride.
The reception was a lot of fun.  Grace had so much fun dancing and playing with the Martin girls Avery & Addison and the Guest girls Anna & Hallie.  Of coarse I forgot my camera, so you will have to wait for pictures until my sweet friend Pam sends me the ones I took with her camera. 
Back to Mt.Pleasant we go with two very tired babies.  Sunday morning we had a wonderful breakfast and headed back home to Dallas again with two very tired babies.
All in all we had a wonderful weekend.  It reminded me of what great friends I have and how much I love and cherish them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment